Helpful information for riding the River Route
- Transfers: Riders can transfer onto a Brockville Transit bus before or after a River Route trip at no additional cost, but must notify the driver they would like to transfer to/from the River Route to receive a transfer ticket.
- Your bus will display a route name which tells the final destination, on board announcements are made for each stop
- Bus stops are located at most street intersections along the bus route.
- The transit service does not operate on statutory holidays
- Don’t live near a listed bus stop location? Riders can flag the bus to stop in areas with speeds of 50km/h or less along the route in Maitland, Prescott, Johnstown and Cardinal.
Please make sure you do:
- Remember all your belongings; River Route is not responsible for any lost or stolen items.
- River Route is not responsible for lost or stolen tickets or transfers.
- Have the exact fare when paying upon boarding.
- Be respectful and courteous towards the driver and fellow passengers.
- Take care and control of your personal property at all times. We are not responsible for personal items damaged during service.
Please make sure you don’t:
- Bring your pet. Guide dogs and registered working dogs are permitted, and small dogs and cats in carriers are permitted. They must remain in the carrier for the duration of the trip.
- Swear or use profane or discriminatory language.
- Drink or carry intoxicating beverages.
- Smoke or vape on the bus, in the transit terminal, or in bus stop areas/shelters, per City Bylaw.
For inquiries or to report a complaint, compliment, or service issue, call:
Matt Locke, Supervisor of Transportation & Fleet Services
613-342-8772 Ext 3225
Monday to Friday
7:30 am to 4:00 pm